It's about exploring and sharing my creative adventures (mostly sewing these days) ~
~those activities that sometimes obsess, usually inspire, occasionally frustrate
~and always provide a delightful maze to wander through.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Good News/Bad News and an Artistry in Fashion Teaser

The Good News:  I've been working a lot lately, and as a self-employed person, I really needed to work a lot!
The Bad News:  I've been working a lot lately, and in conjunction with a general decline in energy/health, sewing (and blogging) have been nearly non-existent in my repertoire :(
The Good News:  Energy/Health is starting to bloom again, and I actually spent time in the sewing room and nearly finished a (UFO-for-over-a-month) project yesterday!
Sneak Peek:
I'll be blogging about this asap, promise!
The Bad News:  This project came to a standstill while I was waiting for weeks (!) to receive some silk screens from Marcy
The Good News:  Long after the silk screens arrived, I realized that it didn't want a silk screen, it wanted a silk tie embellishment (sometimes serendipity happens in spite of oneself...)
The Bad News:  Time and energy spent caring for sick kitties has also kept me out of the sewing room.
The Good News:  Kitties seem to be stabilized, and I have an AWESOME (holistic) vet :)
The Bad News:  I was overbooked this weekend, and arrived at Artistry In Fashion much later than I would have liked, and only took a few pictures - which were awful....here's proof:
If you can guess who & what this is, you win a copy of the picture!
heh.  };-)  (if you were there, you are disqualified...)
The Good News:  In spite of the fact that my time at AIF was too short, the event was fantabulous!   And in spite of the fact that I have no good photos, I have plenty to say, and I'll blog about it tomorrow. :)
(Promise!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to know you're OK!!!

glorm said...

You have been busy! Glad kitties are better. Feast or famine, huh? Looking forward to your next blog post.

Judith said...

You have been stretching yourself far and wide these past weeks. Can't wait to see the 'sneak-peek' photo fully finished...

poppykettle said...

I do love a good sneak peak :) Funny how good and bad news often tend to balance each other out!

a little sewing said...

thank goodness the kitties have stabilized!
priorities!

Andrea said...

Glad to hear you and the kittys are feeling better!

House of Pinheiro said...

glad to hear from you.. cannot wait to see this roller coaster project

Mary said...

Good to hear from you Jillian. I have been wondering if you were picking up more work. As always, feast or famine, huh?