I decided that I needed to focus on projects that were either un-muckable, or easily fixable even if I did manage to muck them up. And get my SewJo, and my Life Mojo, grounded & focused again.
Here's what I've been doing this past week:
1. Weed Therapy!!!! You can either pull the little buggers out with loving kindness, or with aggression...either way, the results in your garden can't help but replace a smile to your face.
|I think I have a truck load ready for you, Gary.....|
2. Clutter Clearing. Sometimes the junk yard is your best friend. Let someone else decide if this
|Just in case you didn't think that was a truck load, |
here's what's hiding behind the weed pile.....
|Not the best shot of The Queen, but this leads into the next step......|
The Sewing Room Tour:
|Penelope, Colette, & Joey Janome, at your service :)|
|The cork board is my new Design/Project Board, ready to be filled with inspiration!|
|Sergio the Serger. I kept draping pattern pieces over the doorway,|
which was not the most efficient spot, & realized I had a solution already hanging on the wall :)
|The new book nook is hiding behind The Queen - |
it's a little slice of organizational heaven having all my books & files at my fingertips,
instead of pawing through piles!!!
|I turned my cutting table so that I can drop a leaf when |
I'm not actually in the middle of cutting a project out.
My tiny room can use every square inch of available floor space!
|The jury's still out on the fabric flowers, |
but who knew that platform wedges could actually be COMFORTABLE!
And I LOVE the view from way up here!!!!!
7. Meditate. Daily. At least. Ahhhhhhh.......... :) This is another practice that's been too infrequent lately. Lots of
8. Spend quality time with friends, who don't care if your mojo is missing....they love you anyway :) :) Bask in that love & support. :) :) :)
9. And the reward... Enjoy the results! With my sewing room (& part of the house & a little bit of the garden) all cleaned up & organized, I'm reminded of how much I love my little attic sewing space, and how much it feeds me. Ready to play there again! So far, the stitches are flowing easily again.....may yours be flowing & feeding you as well.....
And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off & back up to my lovely little attic sewing room :)