It's about exploring and sharing my creative adventures (mostly sewing these days) ~
~those activities that sometimes obsess, usually inspire, occasionally frustrate
~and always provide a delightful maze to wander through.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Simple Joy

Thanks to Lynne at the Sewing Cafe, I just discovered this super graphic that SO belongs on my blog!  It was crafted by the blogger at So I Sewed This, who claims to be a novice but is doing some delightfully detailed sewing already.  :)   (and she does some awesome graphic design, don't you think?)
Thanks to So I Sewed This
Enjoying the process of sewing is right up my alley as it is, and I don't usually do the annual resolution thing, so I had to give some thought to just what I might focus on to create more joy in my sewing process.   This is what I've come up with:
  1.  Take an extra moment to breathe...and smile... Consciously and with Awareness! as I'm on my way into my sewing room to work on a project.  :)
  2. Turn on the iPod and Pandora more frequently.   Occasional bursts of dancing are encouraged :)  This one is taken directly from soisewedthis, and it struck a nerve because, even though my iPod lives in my sewing room, with Pandora ready to go, just yesterday I chose not to turn it on (I won't bore you with details of why) - today I choose to turn it on.   Loud.  ;-D
  3. Take an extra moment to breathe...and smile... Consciously and with Awareness! as I'm in the middle of working on a project.  :)
  4. Be Bold!  I will cut into those uber-precious fabrics with JOY, not trepidation.   I am allowed to fail, and how can I succeed if I don't make that cut?   Eh?  :)
  5. Take an extra moment to breathe...and smile... Consciously and with Awareness! as I'm on my way out of my sewing room after working on a project  :)

I'm printing out my list, and the graphic, and placing it on the door of my sewing room as a gentle reminder.

So I Sewed This is encouraging others to join in on her re-sew-lution - so pop on over there, check out her blog, and bring her button over to your blog!

Here's to spreading a little more joy in the [sewing] world :)

... breathing ... and smiling ... :-)

13 comments:

soisewedthis said...

So glad you're joining in! I like your wording "Consciously and with Awareness!" I also have some "special" fabric that needs to be cut with JOY and not trepidation. Sometimes i like quiet when i'm working but then i start overthinking things and get nit-picky. music helps keep my mood light and fun. happy sewing (with dance breaks!)

Elaray said...

This is great and right on time! Lately, I've forgotten that I sew for fun! I'm off to make my own list.

Judith said...

Sounds like a great mental attitude to have and endorse when sewing!

puu said...

i totally agree :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes!

Unknown said...

so glad this appeals to you and thanks for clarifying where it all began. I have not created my list yet, still reflecting-lol

prttynpnk said...

This is so perfect! I didn't do any resolutions this year- out of embarrassment at how quickly I sluffed off last years! The husband reminds me that this is leisure time- enjoy- but reading your list and seeing it spelled out really helps!

Dixie said...

Consciousness and awareness in the moment - I love it. It gets me through the hard parts of sewing. Getting into the flow, letting creativity flow... The Best!

Jillybejoyful said...

I think you already have an awesome list on your post!

luckylibbet said...

Hey, I danced in the sewing space today! One project down, another on the table, and I put on the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Anything! to get the mojo going again, which it is! I will have stuff for show and tell.... - Heather

The Hojnackes said...

This is perfect! I could definitely use more joy and less trepidation in my sewing!

Unknown said...

So cute and fun....I printed it out to hang above my cutting table.

Karen said...

Found you as I was searching for info on cleaning my new to me FW and so glad I did. I love this post (as well as the spa day post). This is wonderful! :)