It's about exploring and sharing my creative adventures (mostly sewing these days) ~
~those activities that sometimes obsess, usually inspire, occasionally frustrate
~and always provide a delightful maze to wander through.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

11 Months of 2013

I hadn't intended a yearly wrap-up this year, but I've really been enjoying reading the wrap-ups around blogland, and when I saw Caroline's version of a fave from each month, it spoke to me, so here are my monthly faves for 2013:

(and, of course, The Pose!)
Lynn Mizono - Vogue 1312

Note:  The Jilly Jeans are on the left, and look MUCH better now,
after a few months of wearing & shrinking and staining and....you know,
the stuff that jeans are supposed to do.  :)
Style Arc Jilly Jeans

A labor of (LOTS of) love :)

Marcy Tilton Vogue 8088



(My first of 2, and I have to say I like the second version equally as well)
Katherine Tilton - Butterick 5881


Plus I happen to love this top ;-)

(Honestly, I wasn't crazy about this one at first, but it's ended up getting
a LOT of wearing rotation!)
Katherine Tilton Vogue 8817

Sandra Betzina Vogue 1356

Vogue 8962

Koos Van den Akker Vogue 2971
Clearly there's a lot of Tilton love this past year, with nearly all of my fave patterns coming out of Vogue, with a couple of self-drafted and a Style Arc tossed in.

Here's to a 2014 filled with an abundance of blessings for us all.   I take a moment to thank each and every one of my blogland friends - posters and readers and commenters and sewists - you mean so much to me, and I really appreciate your presence in my life :)

27 comments:

luckylibbet said...

FINALLY! by serendipity, I get to comment FIRST!

Love your year in review, and I sure hope 2014 is even better. HUGS! Heather

Jillybejoyful said...

lol! :D Hugs back, & See you next year :)

MarcyF said...

What a fabulous year in review! You have created some gorgeous pieces this year. And I have to say that every one of your blog entries this year have made my creative juices start to run in such a wonderful way. My intent in the new year is to try to be a little more creative in what I do and I know that what you do will (and has) have much influence in that. You are so fun and have such a joyful feel in how you present--I love it! Please keep on giving me the desire to keep up with you!!

Jillybejoyful said...

Thank you! But my goodness Marcy, YOU are one of MY inspirations!!! I consider you one of the very best at combining elegance with creativity, so your comments really flatter me! *blush*

twotoast said...

Oooh! Lots of lovely garments! Happy New Year to you too!

Dilliander said...

Such a fun wrap up and lots of lovely garments sewn. Happy new year Jilly!

Jane M said...

Your high spirits are among my favorite things in the last year. Love those Tilton patterns and you are even getting me to get out a little out of my suburban sportswear rut. Hope 2014 is just as much fun!

Melanie said...

Oooo, you wile' and crazy sewist! You have so many gorgeous new pieces this year. One step at a time and before you know it you have a bunch of ultra cool things. This is a lesson for me. Happy new year! Stay joyful.

shams said...

A great sewing year, Jillian! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You look very joyful every month of the year! - Happy 2014

gMarie said...

I love this look back. What an amazing collection of flattering garments. g

Kelly said...

You had such a great year! I really love that woven scarf technique, it's beautiful! Happy 2014!

Anonymous said...

You've had quite a year! Here's to an even more creative and inspiring 2014!

Anonymous said...

Heehe, I love that photo of you in the window. Makes me laugh every time! ~Teri

Rose said...

Happy New Year! What a wonderful re-cap of your garments! Thank you for blogging and sharing your sewing experiences! I wish you all the best for the following year!

Carolyn said...

LOVED your Vogue pose in the first one, makes me smile every time! And of course that dress, well, all your makes have been gorgeous; both creative and wearable. Haha, wanna hear something funny? I wondered who "Caroline' was who had done monthly favourites too, and clicked on it to find.. ME! LOL.
Wishing you a wonderfully happy and healthy 2014 :)

Lori said...

You've made yourself a fabulous wardrobe, so creative and unique - just like you! Have a wonderful 2014 and hope to see you in April when I'm back for another visit to the US of A.

Jean said...

Happy new year! Your January Vogue pose is too fun! I'm looking forward to your 2014 creations!

prttynpnk said...

A gorgeous and creative year- you've inspired and been admired!

Laura Mae said...

That pose kills me!! Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2014 - happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

I think your poses add a lot. They should hire you for Vogue!

Sigrid said...

So productive and creative!
Best wishes for 2014. Hope to see a lot of your work.

Louisa said...

And a Joyful New Year to you, Jillian! Keep up the inspiring posts. You never fail to get my creative brain pumping!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I very much enjoyed your recap. I am trying to teach myself to sew better and I am tackling many of the Tilton patterns, so your information is very much appreciated. Your version of ``the pose`` keeps me giggling. Hope to read more of your exploits in 2014

Anonymous said...

Jilly, I miss you! You are one of my favourite sewing bloggers, and I really miss your presence in my blog feed! Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and hoping you are OK...

janet said...

I miss you too! I am a serious lurker of your blog. Hope you come back soon, and that you are ok!

Hillary said...

Oh, Jilly! Miss you and your joyfulness. You have inspired my return to sewing. Thinking of you.